More offers available soon. Please check back regularly.
At The Deli we find others claims of healthy eating sometimes confusing and at worst dishonest. We support the consept of balanced good health and believe the following helps us achieve this aim
- enjoying a rich variety of food
- balancing calorie intake with exercise
- eating plenty of 'healthy foods' ie rich in starch, fibre, fruit and vegetables
- eating as little processed foods / ready meals as possible as these contain hidden salt, sugar and chemicals
- eating food that our grannies would have recognised makes sense to us
- we believe extreme reactions to food eg strictly no carbohydrates, no fat etc are not healthy and we respect the concept of a positive mental state to promote physical health
- we have been awarded The Heart Of England Award by Newcastle City council which recognises the extent to which we are using healthier catering practices and offering healthier food and drink options.
- we recognise the importance of food hygiene and safety. We have recently maintained our 5* rating awarded by Newcastle City Councils Environmental Health Department 'Scores On The Doors' scheme. www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk